TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All bookings are subject to the below mentioned terms and conditions.
These conditions govern all “bookings” made through Oakdale Serviced Apartments who are a serviced apartment agency. Oakdale Serviced Apartments is a trading name of Fernhill Ltd company number: 9425495. Properties advertised by Oakdale Serviced Apartments are privately owned. Oakdale Serviced Apartments act as managing agent for the Landlord (“Host’) and You (“you“ “the booker“ “guest” “occupier”) and all members of your party collectively called “the guest“ accept these conditions yourself and on behalf of all members of your party whether you are booking as a guest or on behalf of others regardless of whether the booking is made by telephone, email, through the website or by any other means.
These conditions constitute an excluded agreement under S(3A)(7)(a)of the Protection from Eviction Act 1977 (as amended) and cannot be construed as an assured tenancy under the Housing Act 1988 (as amended).
Reasonable care has been taken that the content of the Oakdale Serviced Apartment website and/or other means of promotion or advertising, is correct but it is subject to amendment at any time without notice. All content on the Oakdale Serviced Apartment website and/or other means of promotion or advertising is published in good faith.
Oakdale Serviced Apartments may link to other websites and we are not responsible for the data policies, content or security of these linked websites.
1. Vary in size, style and layout. All have secured entry and are above ground floor with lift and stair access. Some come with balconies. Not all properties come with parking. Furnishing details are not uniformly standard.
2. Are only to be used as temporary or holiday accommodation for you, or your organisation. They are not for use as the principal, additional home or residence of guests; you will not be entitled to a tenancy or an assured short hold or assured tenancy. No relationship of landlord and tenant is created and no statutory security of tenure exists now or when the period of occupation ends.
3. No persons other than the named guests have the right to use the apartment.
4. The number of people permitted to occupy each apartment is limited to the number of beds.
5. Apartments are fully furnished and equipped with appliances, cookware, crockery, cutlery, utensils and bedding. A general list of contents is available in the apartment. Guests are invited to advise us of any item which has been overlooked and/or is missing. Under no circumstances must any item be removed from the apartment. Charges will apply.
6. Where additional items to the recommended inventory list has been provided in an apartment, Oakdale Serviced Apartments do not guarantee its replacement.
7. Reserving an apartment or to “put an apartment on hold” is available for 24hrs whilst payment pending. For long term bookings, part payment is acceptable in advance.
8. Bookings are not guaranteed until Oakdale Serviced Apartments has issued a booking confirmation to the booker. All booking confirmations are sent via email.
9. For all non account holders booking payment must be made and received as cleared funds within fourteen days of check in date. For last minute bookings, payment must be received as cleared funds before check in can take place.
10. The minimum booking for an apartment is dependent booking type. This is either 3 nights or 6 nights.
11. Oakdale Serviced Apartments reserve the right to change the accommodation booked by the guest to an alternative apartment should the booked apartment become unavailable for whatever reason.
12. Guests are advised to check the details of the booking confirmation and invoice carefully and should notify Oakdale Serviced Apartments immediately of any such discrepancy. Oakdale Serviced Apartments regret that we cannot accept any liability if we are not notified of any inaccuracy in the documentation produced by us. If there is an error in the confirmation or invoice, we reserve the right to correct it as soon as we become aware of it and will do so within seven days of issue of the confirmation or invoice.
13. All guest names, main residence address and contact telephone numbers along with Photo ID are required at the time of booking including whether any additional adults or minors are staying. A minors ID is not required.
14. Oakdale Serviced Apartments will endeavour to do everything we can to help guests with special requirements. For the avoidance of doubt, special requests are to be notified to us in writing. All special requests known to us will be confirmed in the booking confirmation. Oakdale Serviced Apartments does not accept liability for any special request that were not known to us at booking. Charges will apply for booking amendments.
Changes to bookings
15. Confirmed bookings may only be changed in writing by email. Oakdale Serviced Apartments will do our best to accommodate these changes however an administrational fee will incur of £20 per booking together with any resulting costs such as increase in nightly rate for any notice received less than 7 days before arrival.
16. Change to accommodation address is not guaranteed.
17. Dependent on booking source, a security damage deposit may be requested to the value of £200. This is paid by credit card independent to accommodation costs.
18. Damage deposits are refundable following property inspection that will take place following check out. Any additional charges sought will be claimed within seven days of departure.
Credit card Authorisation
19. Oakdale Serviced Apartments requests guests credit card information during an Advance Online Check-in process and stores this information for the duration of the booking. We reserve the right to deduct from a guest credit card without further notice, all amounts chargeable under these booking conditions, including, further accommodation charges or requested additional services during booking.
20. All cancellations must be given in writing irrespective of booking source and subject to the following conditions:
a) Less than 7 days notice – 100% charge applies
b) Between 7-13 notice – £150 or first night rate whichever is the greater
c) 14 days or more notice – no charge
Rates & Payment
21. The rates quoted are to the best of our knowledge correct at the date of publication, but Oakdale Serviced Apartments reserves the right to change any rates from time to time. Rates can go up or down. Rates quoted are in Pounds Sterling.
22. All non account holders will settle their booking in full and in advance of the check in date. This payment will be received as cleared funds in Pounds Sterling. Our preferred method of payment is BACS transfer however the following payment methods are also accepted
a) Credit card either Visa, Mastercard, Amex.
b) Debit Card
23. Oakdale Serviced Apartments reserves the right to charge duplicate payment at check in should cleared funds not be received. Any duplication will be refunded once cleared into an approved bank account.
Arrivals and Departures
24. Arrival to apartment from 1500hrs unless previously agreed at booking
25. Subject to availability, earlier arrivals can be arranged free of charge
26. Key handover details will be agreed before arrival and confirmed during our advance online check in service
27. Appointment led key handover, should an appointment be made and not kept the following applies:
a) £25 for every half hour waiting time passed the appointment
b) Key handover will be aborted after one and a half hours waiting
c) An additional key handover appointment will be required and charged.
28. One set of keys will be provided for the main occupier. A further set of keys are available upon request
29. Departures are by 1100hrs
30. Late check out may be available subject to availability, charges may apply dependent on time required
31. Personal belongings left in the apartment after check-out will be deemed abandoned and disposed of; charges may be incurred subject to the items left in the property.
32. The key return policy will be disclosed to the guest one day before booking end. All keys, fobs and car park access devices and permits if supplied must be returned. Charges apply for each item not returned. Charges to change the lock to the apartment may also apply if not returned.
33. Parking for one car is available in most apartments except for Centrium where we operate a first come first served basis. Parking for one bedroom apartments at Centrium incur a daily rate of £6.
34. Guests should use the designated car parking space only and should not block any entrances or exits.
35. Oakdale Serviced Apartments does not accept liability for any parking fines issued for whatever reason.
36. Oakdale Serviced Apartments does not accept liability whatsoever for any damage, theft, vandalism or any other act of any third party which may cause loss or damage to a vehicle during a rental period whether a vehicle is parked off-road, underground, in a secured zone or on-road parking.
Extending a booking
37. Extension requests are subject to availability.
38. Extensions are not limited
Insurance and Liability
39. Oakdale Serviced Apartments will not be held responsible for the theft and/or damage of/to guests personal belongings during your stay in any apartment location.
40. All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute of common law or otherwise are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from any contract with Oakdale Serviced Apartments and these conditions shall apply in their place. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect your statutory rights if you are a consumer. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes the liability of Oakdale Serviced Apartments for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; or for any damage or liability incurred by you as a result of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by Oakdale Serviced Apartments, or any liability that cannot by law be excluded.
41. Subject to the paragraph above, Oakdale Serviced Apartments shall not be liable for any loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goods, loss of contract, loss of use, loss or corruption of data or information, or any special indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses.
42. If you are booking for, or on behalf of, a business or business employee, that business shall indemnify Oakdale Apartments against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct or indirect consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other reasonable professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by us arising out of or in connection with you, or your business’, breach of statutory duty, misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of your booking shall be limited to the fees paid to Oakdale Serviced Apartments under your booking.
43. Oakdale Serviced Apartments shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performance of its obligations which results directly or indirectly from any cause or circumstance which is beyond its reasonable control affecting the building or the local area.
44. Events beyond Oakdale Apartments control shall include but is not limited to:
Act of God, Outbreak of hostilities, riot, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, revolution, the act of any government or authority (including but not limited to refusal or revocation of any licence or consent), fire, flood, lightning, explosion, fog or bad weather, interruption or failure of a utility service (including but not limited to electricity, gas, water or telecommunications), renovations undertaken at the property, strikes, lockouts or boycotts, embargo, blockade.
45. Other than in relation to death or personal injury caused by Oakdale Apartments negligence, or any other liability that by law cannot be excluded or restricted, Oakdale Apartments liability to you in relation to these conditions is limited to the fees paid to Oakdale Apartments under your booking.
46. You are responsible for payment of any charges made for the use of the apartment including any additional laundry services, cleaning services, non return of keys charges and any fines incurred for parking offences.
47. Where internet connectivity is available, you agree to use such services in a responsible manner and not for any illegal purpose. Where a fault that is deemed by Oakdale Serviced Apartments as being associated with the user’s hardware or software, no support will be available. Use of internet is on the understanding that under no circumstances will Oakdale Serviced Apartments be held responsible for any actions that may arise from the use of a guest’s internet connection. Oakdale Serviced Apartments accepts no responsibility for any virus that may be received following a guest’s use of the internet; we recommend that your equipment has sufficient software protection.
Health and Safety
48. All guests are advised to familiarise themselves with the safety procedures provided in the apartments, the building and local area, paying particular attention to fire evacuation details and security.
49. Guest are requested to report to Oakdale Serviced Apartments should they feel unwell or become unwell shortly after arriving at the apartment that may lead to self isolation/guarantine.
50. All appliances must be used in accordance with the manufacturers manual. If no manual is present, guests should follow the itemised instructions issued by Oakdale.
51. The apartments are fully sanitised with special attention given to highly used areas before guest arrival.
52. It is the guest’s responsibility to turn off all electrical appliances when not in use.
53. It is the guest’s responsibility to turn off all lights when leaving the apartment to avoid risk of fire.
54. It is the responsibility of the guest to keep the keys provided to them secure and ensure that the property is always secured including doors and windows. Theft of the hosts (property owners) possessions and damage caused to the apartment as the result of a guest’s negligence in securing the apartment appropriately will be charged wholly to the guest. Guests’ belongings are not covered by Oakdale Serviced Apartments insurance.
55. Assistance required between 1900 hrs – 0900 hrs due to loss of keys, mislaid keys or being locked out of the apartment carries the charge of £70 per call out.
Right of Access
56. Representatives of Oakdale Serviced Apartments or their sub contractors have the right to access the property at any reasonable time to carry out maintenance works deemed necessary.
57. Guests who provide us with contact details will be notified in advance if access is required.
58. Guests must allow access to the contracted cleaners for the serviced apartments on their designated cleaning day. Alternative cleaning days are not guaranteed.
a) Interruption to service:
Although Oakdale Apartments will make every effort to ensure that guests enjoy a peaceful stay, Oakdale Apartments cannot guarantee or be held responsible for any failure or interruption of, services provided by a third party to the apartment or the building, including electricity, water, broadband, internet or any other communication disruption or noise caused as a result of repair works being carried out in another part of the building including external works. However, upon notification by a guest or their booker, Oakdale Apartments will use its best endeavours to maintain and rectify (within a reasonable period of time) all services and issues (within reason) to the apartment.
b) Cleaning: Our service includes a basic clean of the apartment every 10 days or weekly if preferred. This will be carried out on a designated day set by us and notified to you as soon as scheduled.
An additional personalised housekeeping service can be arranged if required. This service is chargeable and can include, ironing, laundry, dishwashing.
c) Linen and Towels: All linen and towels will be returned to Oakdale Serviced Apartments undamaged. Charges will apply for replacement of any item deemed unsuitable for reuse.
59. Guests are expected to comply with any regulations for use of the apartment. These are available on arrival within the “Guest Information Pack” and property guide. If a guest breaches any of these conditions or the regulations, we reserve the right to request a guest vacate their apartment immediately without refund.
60. Cleanliness: We expect the apartments to be left in a reasonable state of cleanliness and order on departure. An additional cleaning or specialist cleaning deemed necessary will be charged including loss of revenue.
61. Smoking: no smoking is permitted anywhere in the apartment. A fine of £100 is charged for smoking inside the apartment or inside the building. For apartments with balconies we kindly ask you to close the door to avoid smoke entering the property and to dispose of your cigarette ends appropriately. Charges apply for removal of cigarette debris found after check out.
62. Pets: Oakdale Apartments regrets that pets are not allowed in the apartments.
63. Noise pollution and Nuisance: Guests are requested to be mindful of their neighbours and act in a reasonable manner to allow their neighbours to enjoy peacefully their surrounding environment. This includes causing any sort of nuisance or disruption to other residents or staff within the development. Guests may be asked to vacate without refund if complaints are not resolved.
64. Oakdale Apartments does not accept any aggressive or abusive behaviour to any member of our team including its contractors, hosts or development staff, either on the telephone, in writing or in person. Oakdale Apartments reserves the right to cancel any booking for any abusive or threatening behaviour.
65. Guests are required to keep the apartment, furniture, fittings and effects in the same condition as on arrival. Condition reports are provided in the apartment and full inventories can be provided if required. You are required to notify us of any damage, loss or broken items or matters requiring general maintenance.
66. Your contact details, and financial information shall be held as a guarantee in case of any breakage, damage or dilapidation within the apartment. Your financial information is retained for 120 days after checkout in line with credit card chargeback regulations.
67. We may use your contact details to inform you of new apartment launches or special promotions that we think may be of interest to you. This will be done via email. Should you not wish to be contacted you can email us at info@Oakdale-apartments.co.uk.
68. We do not pass your details onto third parties
Quality & Feedback
69. Oakdale Serviced Apartments are committed to providing quality accommodation and conduct regular audits to ensure that high standards are maintained at the apartments.
70. We welcome feedback from our guests and ask them to complete a guest satisfaction survey on departure. We value this feedback which provides us with useful information on how we can improve our services further.
71. Oakdale Serviced apartments aim to deliver the best possible service, but in the unlikely event that a guest is dissatisfied with the service offered, you should notify us in writing by email as soon as possible.
72. A complaint received by us in writing will be responded to within 3 working days of receipt advising how we intend to address the issue. Complaints received in writing will receive Director level attention.
73. We reserve the right to change these conditions from time to time. If guests are in breach of any of these conditions, we reserve the right to request that guests vacate their apartment with immediate effect without refund.
74. These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or difference concerning these conditions and any matter arising from them.
75. All content on this website is deemed the property of Oakdale Service Apartments. None of the information on this site may be reproduced or downloaded without prior permission.
Oakdale Apartments updated 2021